Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hotel Northwestern

Hotel Northwestern:
Well, it was only a matter of time before I ended up back in the hospital.  I only wish I would have lasted a little longer until after my birthday.  
Lets back it up:  First, I didn't feel too good on Halloween but its Halloween- so how am I not going to go out?  Also, Winnie the Pooh is one of the better costumes I've put together so it had to be seen.
Winnie the Pooh and Zoombie Piglet.

I decided to go out on Halloween, but CF caught up with me at the end of the night.  I was coughing up blood then and really short of breathe.  Saturday and Sunday, I took it easy.  Monday, CF was back at it and taking over my life.  I don't think I have slept for more then 2 hours at a time, without waking up coughing or hacking up a lung.  Monday night/Tuesday morning it got worse and has severe lung pain with it then I decided it was time to go in.  So at 2:30 AM I hop in a cab to the ER.  Love city living!!

Thank god for my CF team.  Nurse Joanne has been the glue holding this program together and she and Dr. Michelle Prickett welcomed me back with open arms.  I am so grateful to them.  There are alot of questions as to what is going on with my health, and why I am coughing so much blood all the time.  We are going to do many tests to rule out other conditions as well as see if they will shed light on what is happening.  In the mean time, they believe it is in my best interest to meet a transplant team and begin to start feeling comfortable with them and slowly progress into evaluation.   Again, this is a hard pill to swallow but it is sitting with me better then last time I heard this news.


This blog has yet to have real direction- I almost use it as a diary to keep track of my thoughts and what happens in life.  The other thought behind it, is its an easy way to keep family and friends updated.  As of now, there isn't much that needs updating but I know my aunts and uncles always love knowing what I am up to.

Well until next time, hopefully I will have some more answers about what is going on in my body and why I have been getting so sick.
In the mean time, I am going to enjoy my 25th birthday in the hospital and will make the best of it.  I have the corner room, which is bigger, so karma was good to me and maybe I'll host the best hospital birthday bash yet.  If not, I have a wonderful view of the lake and watching the sunrise over it is absolutely beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment